SW425 is a blend of alfalfa varieties chosen for their combined suitability for high forage yield potential of good quality forage. SW425 is a good choice where medium fall dormancy is desired along with good winter hardiness.
- Good yield potential with high resistance to most major diseases of alfalfa
- Highly suited throughout US growing areas where 4 dormancy is desired
- Formulated for high resistance to stem nematodes in the west
- Carries high resistance to verticillium wilt
- Includes only varieties that are bred using traditional plant breeding methods
Major Pest Resistance
SW425 has an HR rating against stem nematode, important in irrigated production when the water source includes tail-waters from infested upstream fields. SW425 is also formulated for high resistance to verticillium wilt, phytophthora root rot and anthracnose, for a well-rounded overall package of pest and disease resistant alfalfa germplasm.
- Bacterial Wilt – Highly Resistant
- Verticillium Wilt – Highly Resistant
- Fusarium Wilt – Highly Resistant
- Anthracnose – Highly Resistant
- Phytopthora Root Rot – Highly Resistant
- Aphanomyces (race 1) – Resistant
- Aphanomyces (race 2) – Moderately Resistant
- Pea Aphid – Resistant
- Spotted Aphid – Resistant
- Stem Nematode – Highly Resistant
(Pest Resistance Rating Scale: Highly Resistant, Resistant, Moderately Resistant, Low Resistance, Susceptible)
- The component varieties chosen for SW425 are medium recovery type that can be highly suited for hay production where moderate speed of regrowth initiation is desired after cutting.
- This product is especially suitable in western environments where stem nematodes can be a concern.